Huber’s diverse businesses come together under a single organization: the J.M. Huber Corporation. The company creates four divisions: Ink, Carbon Black, Oil & Gas and Clay.
Huber continues to identify new opportunities and starts operations in chemicals, equipment and timber.
During the 1940s, Huber patents two grades of white pigments, which leads to the launch of the Chemicals division in 1951. The following year, Huber’s new plant in Havre de Grace, Maryland, begins shipping its Zeolex® pigment, a silica that improves everything from printing inks to paper applications.
In the 1960s, the Timber and Minerals businesses join forces to form a new division. Equipment also becomes a division with the acquisition of two oil field equipment operations.
Huber expands into international markets in the 1970s by creating a foreign subsidiary of its Chemicals division—Zeofinn Oy in Hamina, Finland, which manufactures Zeolex® hydrated silica.
Here are some other highlights from Huber’s history: